Thakur had appeared before the court in June last year after it ordered the seven accused to remain present once a week. She later sought exemption from appearance on various occasions since then.
Soon after the verdict, celebrations broke out outside Lt Colonel Purohit's residence, where supporters burst firecrackers and distributed sweets to mark the court's decision.
Rohini Salian has claimed that the NIA had told her not to appear in the case and that she was facing pressure to go easy on the accused.
The National Investigation Agency, which has been struggling to collect evidence in the 2006 Malegaon blast case, is likely to quiz some of the Maharashtra ATS officials who had probed the case.
A man was arrested on Saturday for his alleged involvement with the recent bomb blast in Malegaon and a forensic report said a mixture of RDX and ammonium nitrate was used in the explosion.Abdul Rehman Salem Chaus was held by the police also for his alleged involvement in violence after the explosion and for taking away the firearm belonging to the bodyguard of Additional Superintendent of Police Sanjay Patil.
The four, who are in jail since their arrest in 2013, had approached the high court in 2016 after a special court rejected their bail pleas in June that year.
The special court for MCOCA cases on Saturday rejected the bail application of Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case.
The apex court had on April 28 rejected Purohit's plea for urgent hearing, saying the petition will come up in regular course.
A Supreme Court judge on Friday recused from hearing a plea against removal of Special Public Prosecutor by NIA in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case, saying that he had represented certain accused in the matter.
They occurred only four days prior to the verdict in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case due on Tuesday.
The National Investigation Agency, which failed to file its reply on a petition challenging its validity and powers to function has sought more time from the Bombay high court to file its reply.
Former BJP MP Pragya Singh Thakur and Lt Col Prasad Purohit hailed a special court's order acquitting them in the 2008 Malegaon blast case. Thakur said the acquittal was a win for "bhagwa" (saffron) and that God will punish those who tried to insult it. Purohit said he was implicated and will continue to serve the nation.
A witness who is a former army official turned hostile in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast trial in Mumbai on Thursday.
The National Investigation Agency on Thursday told a Mumbai court it has found no evidence to link nine Muslims arrested in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case to the terror attack, a move that could see them walk free.
Those arrested on Thursday included Muslims as well as Hindus.
Sadhavi Pragya Thakur, the prime accused in 2008 Malegaon bomb blasts, on Wednesday sought bail in the Bombay high court on the ground that she was sick and had spent more than five years behind the bars but the prosecution opposed the relief to her saying there was evidence against her.
As per information available, more than 100 witnesses are yet to be examined.
Special NIA court judge AK Lahoti, conducting trial in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, has been transferred to Nashik just days before the court was likely to reserve the matter for judgement. The transfer order, issued by the registrar general of the Bombay High Court, will come into effect on June 9. The order directs the judge to finish judgments in all cases where hearing has concluded and to dispose of part-heard cases before handing over charge. In the last hearing on Saturday, judge Lahoti directed the prosecution and defense to wrap up the remaining arguments by April 15 and was expected to reserve the matter for judgement the following day, a defense lawyer said.
During investigation, 'sufficient evidences have not been found against' Pragya Singh Thakur and five others, the NIA said, adding it has submitted in the chargesheet 'that the prosecution against them is not maintainable'.
The development coincided with the Anti-Terrorism Squad filing its charge sheet in the Malegaon blasts case.
The Bharatiya Janata Party leaders said the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case was a "slap on the face" of people who coined the term "saffron terror".
There is a link among the blasts carried out at Ajmer Dargah, Mecca Masjid and Malegaon with self-styled right-wing group Abhinav Bharat believed to be behind them, Central Bureau of Investigation said on Monday.
The Anti-Terrorist Squad on Sunday arrested Raees Ahmed for his complicity in the September 8 blasts in Malegaon that killed 31 people.
A special court in India has reserved its verdict in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, which killed six people and injured over 100. The trial began nearly 17 years after the bombing in the town of Malegaon, located in Maharashtra. The prosecution concluded its final arguments on Saturday, marking the end of the hearings. Seven individuals, including Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit and BJP leader Pragya Thakur, are facing charges under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The verdict is expected to be delivered on May 8th.
The BJP has accused the Congress party of fabricating the theory of 'Hindu terror' to undermine Narendra Modi and appease Muslim voters. This statement follows the acquittal of seven individuals in the Malegaon blast case. The BJP demands compensation for the acquitted and an apology from the prosecution.
The powerloom town of Malegaon on Tuesday remained tense following the blast, which killed four persons and injured 70 others but the situation is under control, the police said. The injured also included seven policemen and 11 homeguards, who were hurt in stone-pelting by a mob after the blast at Bhikku Chowk on Monday night, they said.
'Of course, we are secular. Three of our Hindu brothers have won seats from our party. Tell me where AIMIM has managed that.'
Special NIA Judge V S Padalkar last month directed all the accused, including Thakur, to appear before the court at least once a week.
The blame must be shared by the investigating agencies, the government of the day and the nation at large, points out Colonel Anil A Athale (retd).
Police have so far arrested two persons connected with the blasts.
One of the key accused in 2006 Malegaon bomb blasts case, Manohar Singh, has confessed to his role in the conspiracy, the National Investigation Agency on Sunday claimed in a special court.
The court has asked Sadhvi Pragya Thakur to pay a surety of Rs 5 lakh and surrender her passport to the National Investigation Agency.
A special NIA court is likely to deliver its verdict in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, which killed six persons and injured over 100. Seven accused, including Pragya Thakur and Prasad Purohit, face charges under UAPA and IPC.
A special court acquitted seven accused in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case, citing a lack of cogent and reliable evidence. The court emphasized that mere suspicion cannot replace real proof and highlighted loopholes in the prosecution's case.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said that he has asked the army to provide Lt Col Prasad Purohit with all the documents he has sought to prove his innocence in the Malegaon blasts case.
A bench comprising Justices J Chelameswar and A M Sapre asked the Centre and NIA to file their responses within one week.
The court had on October 30 framed charges in the case against all the seven accused for terror activities, criminal conspiracy and murder, among others.
The special inspector general of Nashik range on Friday denied reports appearing in a section of media that six persons were detained in connection with the recent blast in Malegaon. A section of the newspapers had reported that six persons from Malegaon and Chalisgaon were detained in connection with the September 29 blast killing four persons and injuring more than 70 others.
Major Ramesh Upadhyay (retd), acquitted in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, claims he was tortured in jail to falsely implicate Yogi Adityanath, Mohan Bhagwat, and Indresh Kumar.